For more information, here is the Entry Crtieron for the salsa classes at Dance Unlimited school (accurate as of 7th December 2006).
Entry Criterion for our Salsa classes:
Salsa Basic 1
- Anyone and everyone!
Salsa Basics 2
- Required to know Basic rythmn (ability to break on 1), Cross Body Lead Left and Cross Body Lead Left Turn, Simple right and left turns.
Salsa Basic 3
- Required to know Salsa Basic 2, Ability to do simple shines and turn patterns.
Salsa Pre Intermediate
- Required to know Salsa Basic 3 and the ability to do more complex turn patterns with a single simple tunnel, variations of back break, wrap ins, more complex drop catches, and hand flicks.
Salsa Intermediate 1
- Required to know Pre Intermediate and must know Cross Body Lead right and Cross body Lead right Turn, Ability to do a single spin clearly.
- Salsa Intermediate 2 - Required to know Intermediate 1 and must know Coke, Copa double spins left and right, suzi Q, and some simple shines.
Vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias
A life lived in fear is a life half-lived.
Quoted from the movie Strictly Ballroom