Salseroes Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Salseroes Unite!

For the Salsa Community ... By the Salsa Community...

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dance Movie: Step Up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pauljustin
Admin
pauljustin

Male
Number of posts : 232
Staying Location : Bedok
Follower / Leader / Both : Both
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Dance Movie: Step Up Empty
PostSubject: Dance Movie: Step Up   Dance Movie: Step Up Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 1:21 am

STEP UP
Dance Movie: Step Up StepUp

Fans of DIRTY DANCING and FAME will dig the moves in this tale of a sullen young thug named Tyler (Channing Tatum) who winds up doing community service at the Baltimore High School for the Performing Arts. At first he's just smirking and mopping the floors, but then Nora (Jenna Dewan), a talented dancer and choreographer, loses her partner to a fractured ankle mere weeks before the big showcase, and Tyler steps in as her partner. At first he doesn't take it too seriously but then again, he's never had a real chance in life. His best friend from the street (Damaine Radcliff) gets jealous and forces Tyler to decide which side of the tracks he thinks he belongs on. Meanwhile, romance heats up between Tyler and Nora, and there's some side business with the school's hip-hop composer (Mario) falling in love with Nora's hot friend Lucy (Drew Sidora), who is going out with an older man--a successful artist who cheats on her.

Information from Golden Village Website

Trailer

Video Page Can Be Accessed Here
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/pauljustin
pauljustin
Admin
pauljustin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dance Movie: Step Up   Dance Movie: Step Up Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Here's the mass dance done during the movie that I found quite cool.

The song is to Drew Sidora's "'til the Dawn", Enjoy.

Video Page Can Be Accessed HERE

Last edited by on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pauljustin
Admin
pauljustin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dance Movie: Step Up   Dance Movie: Step Up Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 1:56 pm

Although I've heard mixed reviews about the movie, I personally thought the movie was good. True that there weren't so much dance scenes and more story telling, I guess some parts of the movie did teach us a thing or two about dancing itself.

Quote I always remembered there was this one scene where Nora (the female lead) was trying to convince the Director to let her team up with Tyler (the male lead) to be her stand in partner and they were discussing about "suitable" alternatives and Tyler made the comment that they were talking about dance like "it was rocket-science, or something".

Dancing at the end of the day, be it salsa, tango, rock and roll or just good old Zouk shaking, should just be the feeling of movement to the tune and the song. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dance Movie: Step Up   Dance Movie: Step Up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dance Movie: Step Up
Page 1 of 1