Salseroes Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Salseroes Unite!

For the Salsa Community ... By the Salsa Community...

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Self-Introductions

Go down 
+16
snowyclear
tiff80
Jas
alvinwang
jo7177-Joann
milliebear
Almost Virgin
rhudayar
Joanne Ng
moon
coolgengster
Rainbowsky
climpl
nirvana
christina lim
pauljustin
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pauljustin
Admin
pauljustin

Male
Number of posts : 232
Staying Location : Bedok
Follower / Leader / Both : Both
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 3:15 pm

Please introduce yourself and let us know a little about you ...
All friends are welcome to the forum, and even for your friends who are thinking of picking up salsa, and need a little nudge in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/pauljustin
christina lim
Beginner
Beginner
christina lim

Female
Number of posts : 47

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 4:23 pm

Hello everyone, im very excited about this new forum... trying to be a pioneer here... ahem cheers

kk, me doing Salsa I1.5 at JJsalsa.. Not a fantastic dancer but i do have the 'never-say-die-spirit' geek hahaha

word of advice to beginners: Be thick skinned when heading out for the dance floor to dance... u can only get better with practice, practice and more practice... Salsa clubs are good places as it expose you to different individuals who may present salsa differently and there are things that you can pick up even by watching how ppl dance lor Smile
Back to top Go down
nirvana
Beginner
Beginner
nirvana

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-11-15

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi guys, Lynn here. Been dancing since young (did street/mass dance since secondary school afro ) so dancing has always been in my blood and my passion. Got to know about salsa about 6 years ago and finished the courses in YMCA. Drifted away from it cos dun have Union square to go dance at then No ... then took it up again last year July in Jitterbug. The rest are history la.. went two left feet, JJ salsa, Attitude and most recently En motion.

Love dancing to death and thinking of taking up Latin Ballroom coming start of year. Anyone? rabbit

Hope to get more people to join this forum and make more friends and of cos more salsa partners. See you guys around in union! Cool
Back to top Go down
climpl
Beginner
Beginner
climpl

Female
Number of posts : 7
Follower / Leader / Both : Follower

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 9:22 am

Hello, I'm Pei Leng. I always like dancing (not disco type Evil or Very Mad ). Been thinking to learn dancing since dont know how long ago.

Last year my friends and I decided to learn some dancing (finally cheers ). We start with Waltz and learn about 6 months (I think scratch ). Later we switch to JJ and learn salsa till now.

I have finish I3 and currently doing my Rueda3. getting more and more to like salsa I love you . oh no.... I'm addicted.... tongue

Im thinking of taking ladies styling or isolation next. anyone interested? Surprised

btw i like bachata too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
christina lim
Beginner
Beginner
christina lim

Female

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 9:37 am

hey pei leng,

im also student from JJ... currently in I1.5 Smile am interested in ladies styling as well as bachata? erm, whats isolation? :p we can gather a few people and so that together! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rainbowsky
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi...i m Joel. Started off with Latin at Shawn & Gladys DanceWorld sometime back. Has been taking Salsa lessons with JJ. Wanting to do well in Merengue now...hahah...
Back to top Go down
coolgengster
Beginner
Beginner

Female
Staying Location : West Coast
Follower / Leader / Both : Follower
Registration date : 2006-11-19

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2006 10:55 pm

hey...finally I'm in.... this is YY =^)
i just started salsa dancing in Jun this year (I think..cant remember exact month liao)... but recently seems like not improving much le le... sian...must jia you abit... guess i'm gg to take intermediate soon...mayb in JJ...
seems like everyone like bachata huh...and so do i..find it a very comfortable dance...and merengue, i always like cos it is a very fun dance....

Let's dance,
YY
Back to top Go down
moon
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-11-21

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:46 am

Hi all,

Im Moon, learning salsa from JJ i1.5. Has started my own forum at http://salsa.editboard.com since last september.

Best Regards,
Moon
Back to top Go down
Joanne Ng
Beginner
Beginner
Joanne Ng

Female
Number of posts : 10
Staying Location : Clementi
Registration date : 2006-11-15

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi Eveyone

1st of all, sorry to Justin as I did not obey the rules of signing up this forum - "self introductions". Wink

okay, here you go......

I am Joanne, but please do not mistaken this Joanne with that Joann (Jo Yi)....Laughing

I started my 1st Salsa dance at JJ since last year Dec'2005. Struggling to complete Int. 3 Salsa, Bachata workshop I & II, Ladies styling, Rueda I......scratch

Unfortunately, I had stop dancing for almost 2 months....very rusty, rusty ..........now

Would definitely like to go back Union dance floor again....and also would like to picking up Salsa (may be re-take Int. 2 & 3, sign up Int 4), Latin cha cha cha, Tango...etc in near future.

Anyone interested, feel free to let us know.

See u guys.

Joanne

oh...I am JJ supporter, completed ALL above-mentioned dances at JJ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/user.php
rhudayar
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 6

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: AA   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 7:24 pm

AA

Last edited by rhudayar on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Almost Virgin
Beginner
Beginner

Male
Number of posts : 6
Staying Location : Your Place
Follower / Leader / Both : Both
Registration date : 2006-11-22

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi folks,

My name is Johnny aka Almost Virgin and I am excited to join a new forum. Please visit me at

http://johnnykwek.blogspot.com

Hope I can retrieve the latest updates and the hottest gossip from here.

Some details about me, hmmmm..... Well I have been dancing for a year now and this latino heat is still burning inside of me. It does not get any hotter than this.

I used to learn from JJ and I would like to take this chance to thanks Jackson and June for bringing this joy into my life. I am currently taking Rueda lessons from them and have stopped at Rueda 3. I have attempted lessons from En-motion by the courtesy of Gary. Currently having options of taking private lessons from Boon and Evelyn to enjoy the kicks and perks of Cuban shit.

I think thats about it as I am only an ordinary-normal-regular-simple-average salsero that wants to dance as much as I can with as many different people as I can.

Regards,
- Your Neighbourhood Salsa Friend -
Back to top Go down
milliebear
Beginner
Beginner

Female
Number of posts : 4

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 12:00 am

Dawn here, have been dancing for 6mths i think..not a fantastic dancer ... mia for awhile cos of work.. and i m getting quite rusty.. cant remember lotsa moves... but now i m goin to union again.. salsa really does help me destress...

well... i took up basic 1 & 2 at caliente with boon and eve .. den switched to JJ to do intermediate 1 & 2... decided to stop at 2 and do sth more fun like rueda... so i m currently at rueda 2... btw anyone wants to learn bachata with boon and eve? still short of peeps though...
Back to top Go down
jo7177-Joann
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-11-18

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi, I am Joann.Some called me Joyi when Joanne is around Wink hee..
I started to learn Latin Rumba and Chacha in April 2005.Fall in love with rumba.My 1st love ....End 2005 /beginning 2006 took Waltz and paso doble (tough :p )Stop latin totally...not that I am sick of it...loves latin still...but I got to let go of latin because I cant find a practice partner No I am sure ...one day I will be back to latin.
Mid March 2006, I started salsa,merengue and bachata in JJ with some of my friends. Addicted to Salsa and Bachata since then..Bachata is my 2nd love. Recently just completed my bachata in en motion.
Hmm...must got to find a gd bachata parnter practice these wonderful dance. Anyone? tongue
Normally Fri or Sat, I will be in union with my salsa kaki. Please do join us. I am glad that I get to know many nice ppl because of salsa. Hope to know more.
Back to top Go down
christina lim
Beginner
Beginner
christina lim

Female

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 8:32 pm

Hi Joann, im there on fri and/ or sat too... hmmm trying posting ur pix or something... else not sure how we gonna meet up in union... hahahaha Smile know ing who is who, can be a prob leh Smile
Back to top Go down
alvinwang
Beginner
Beginner
alvinwang

Male
Staying Location : Upp Paya Lebar
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 3:23 pm

Hi Folks!

My name is Alvin, started learning Salsa at 2 Left Feet a year ago where I first met Justin in that same newbie class.

Studied up to 2b at 2Lft, then up to I2 at JJ, took basic Bachata, Merengue and Rueda too, but almost everything gone to waste coz haven't been dancing these past few months, so extremely rusty.

Keen to join you guys for Cha Cha and to try out other forms too...

Cheers!
Alvin
Back to top Go down
http://asiapacific.ecademy.com/user/alvinwang
Jas
Beginner
Beginner
Jas

Female
Registration date : 2006-11-23

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 3:18 pm

Hi all,

Jaslyn here... hmm... don't really know all the people in this forum yet, but hope to get to know all...

I have been dancing salsa since last year Nov. Started with 2LF and then proceeded to JJ. Will be doing I4 at JJ next Mon onwards. Have also just completed Rueda 3 with JJ. I have tried all the latin dances during my Uni days too. Simply love dancing.... except hip hop and R&B styles :p

I'm now thinking of going back to latin dances, so maybe those interested, we can go together. Smile
Back to top Go down
tiff80
Beginner
Beginner

Registration date : 2006-11-25

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 am

Hi everyone,

This is Tiffany aka Tiff here. Got know abt salsa thru Justin who is my classmate at psb.

Going to take up salsa beginner class aft my exam in dec. hehe
Is anyone gg for salsa beginner class on 20 dec for JJ ?

Hope to know u all better..

Best regards
Tiff
Back to top Go down
snowyclear
Beginner
Beginner

Registration date : 2006-12-07

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 10:44 pm

Hi everyone,

This is Xueying here... Justin, I'd finally joined your forum to show my moral support! ^_^

I'm still pretty much a beginner at Salsa myself, and am amazed at how seasoned everyone seems to be in all forms of dances... wow! it's an eye-opener to know that there are so many dance enthusiasts around... i'm really impressed... *clap clap*
Back to top Go down
limei
Beginner
Beginner

Registration date : 2006-12-08

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Self intro   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 11:27 am

Hi all,
my name is LiMei. Started salsa in Feb 2006 with JJ. Now learning Rueda too.
I usually go Union on Weds and/or Sats.
See you around! Wink
Back to top Go down
terence
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 12:28 pm

Hi all,

I am Terence. From JJSalsa too. Seems like a lot of people from JJSalsa here. =)

Cheers,
Terence
Back to top Go down
christina lim
Beginner
Beginner
christina lim

Female

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 1:45 pm

hiya everyone, welcome welcome... Smile Smile Smile

let's get a day and meet everyone at union... hmmmm i badly need to put a face to all these posts Smile hahahaha Smile
Back to top Go down
mesalsabebe
Beginner
Beginner

Registration date : 2007-02-08

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi all

I'm newbies in this forum. Very Happy

I had been dancing for almost 2 years on and off.

Had taken classes from various school, ADS, Twleftfeet, Emotion, JJ. Also learn varies dance: salsa but not gd at styling and shine mainly due to lack of confident of showing. Learn Rueda from JJ, merengue and bachata. Currently attend lesson from ADS - On2 under Gupson and bachata from Emotion under Gary.

Most of the time will hit union on weekend ( maybe fr thurday onward )
Back to top Go down
christina lim
Beginner
Beginner
christina lim

Female

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:17 pm

wow mesalsabebe,

i guess u must have lots of experience to share with us here Smile hehe, i have only been dancing for less than 6mths... hope to learn more from you ya Smile

i hang out at union too... usually on tue, fri and/ or sat Razz it will be great to catch up more with you then!

p/s: gotta picture you can put up for us or link like you are who and who's friend? so we can track you down Smile hahaha...

cheerios,
chrissy
Back to top Go down
mesalsabebe
Beginner
Beginner

Registration date : 2007-02-08

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:49 am

Hi Christina

Thanks for your warm welcome.

hee still alot to catch up consider dancing for almost 2 yr standard Razz

The achievement made during this 2 yrs is I had complete JJ R4 and their fun rueda workshop 1 yr ago. Now trying to brush up my salsa however sometimes still unable to follow well.. guess the only answer to this is to keep practise, dance more and as many people as you can.. in fact I alway find you will learn something after each dance no matter how many times you had dance with the same person.

I was intro to this forum thru a fren fr 2LF and get to know Justin err 3 weeks ago at union.

Me very shy and shade away from the crowd however most of the time you will alway find me in most of the salsa events. lol!

Will be in union tonite!

Happy dancing!!

Happy New Year and GONG XI FA CAI to everyone
Back to top Go down
alexis
Beginner
Beginner
alexis

Female
Follower / Leader / Both : follower
Registration date : 2006-11-18

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 3:37 pm

heya!

i'm alexis (phang), have been learning salsa since april 06 and so far i've only attended lessons at 2LF, and i would like to learn rueda at JJ. i try to go to union either tuesday or friday.

i really enjoy latin music and i guess that's what draws me to salsa. i learnt beginner's cha-cha n rhumba last nov, and hope i can learn more latin ballroom. anyone else game?

cya peeps at union! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Self-Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Introductions   Self-Introductions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Self-Introductions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Salseroes Unite! :: First Time :: Who Am I?-
Jump to: